On top of our thriving economy, Austin offers an unmatched quality of life in a beautiful setting which is why so many smart, creative and successful people and companies call Austin home. It’s more than a great place to work and do business. That unique and engaging Austin character is built on a solid foundation. Austin is a community that offers reasonably priced housing, a safe environment, solid schools, healthy and charming neighborhoods, and big-city amenities at a small-town pace. It’s no wonder so many people come to Austin “temporarily” … and end up staying.
Our gorgeous natural setting, in one of America’s most unique landscapes, offers plenty of opportunities to enjoy the water, get outdoors for fitness, recreation and relaxation. We also are also know as the “Live Music Capital of the World” with a world-famous live music scene. Our arts and cultural districts are blossoming and the food scene here is unreal. It’s no wonder World Renound Chef Paul Qui calls Austin his home. In Austin, it’s easy to make a habit out of enjoying life.
With the last decade, downtown Austin has been transformed with high-rise condos, the W Hotel and now a Fairmont on the way. However, Austin remains an exhortation for a city that clings to eccentricity, even in the face of rapid development. This once funky college town, known for its liberal leanings and rich music scene, has little to worry about — at least as long as its openhearted citizens, with their colorful bungalows and tattoos, do their part to keep the city endearing. As Austin takes its place among the world’s leading cities, our cultural vitality and lifestyle assets continue to grow. Sure, the city is always changing, but it’s usually changing for the better. You can always find your place in Austin – making friends is easy here.
Best Place to Live in America
- Austin, TX has earned a reputation as one of the Best Places to Live in America, and with good reason:
- Austin, Texas tops the list of Best Cities For the Next Decade for the third year in a row by Forbes
- According to Forbes Magazine, Austin tops list of Best Cities for Job Growth with Austin employment expected to rise 4% annually
- Forbes has rated Austin as a top city for economic growth among the country’s largest 100 metros areas
- Companies like C3 Presents, Dell, Whole Foods Market, GSD&M, RGM Advisors, and Freescale Semiconductor have chosen to headquarter in the metro Austin area
- Housing is still affordable and diverse compared to other metropolitan cities, ranging from urban lofts & stylish bungalows, designer homes & hill country estates
- Austin has a great climate made for outdoor enjoyment and recreation, even during the winter months
- Many professional and amateur sports venues and events, not to mention the amazing UT Longhorns
- More fine restaurants and clubs per capita than any other U.S. City
- A lush, tree filled environment highlighted by parks, lakes and trails most of which is protected from future development
- A creative culture that supports the arts, music and the theater
- Year-round festivals and celebrations for people of all ages including ACL, SXSW, F1, Fun Fun Fun Festival and more
Enjoy the Economic Prosperity of Central Texas!
Austin defies stereotypes: It’s progressive and fiercely entrepreneurial, pro-business and pro-environment. It’s easy going and hard working. This greater Austin region won’t just welcome your business, it will make it better. When it comes to business, it seems the whole world has a place in the heart of Central Texas. Greater Austin is defined by stunning growth, lower business and living costs, and a youthful, well-educated workforce. It’s easy to see why the 2010 Kiplinger’s ranked Austin as the number one city for business growth in the next decade.
Explore Austin Neighborhoods