John Toole Design hosted an evening at 5800 Gibbs Hollow to showcase this amazing house that so many friends have worked so hard on. It’s now for sale and listed at $3.9m with Chris Long at Gottesman.
John helps homeowners prep their homes for sale. Recently, John shared some advice with me which I am honored to be able to pass on to you:
- A great realtor is your best ally and counselor when it comes to preparing your home for market.
- Give yourself adequate time to improve your home. I advise my clients to work on their homes well before their listing date.
- Walk through your house as if your were a buyer and as though it was your first time at the property. Beauty is in the eye of the person writing the check. Sometimes we have to temper our own style to increase our appeal to an unknown buyer.
- Some properties may need more extensive upgrades to command the highest asking price. With the advice of a realtor and a home prep expert, there may money to be made via a modest remodel.
- When it comes to repairs and services, unless you are an expert (say at home painting), hire professionals. The quality of craftsmanship always shows and influences how a buyer feels about your home.
Thanks to John for these wise words. I would love to help find a buyer for this house if you or anyone you know are interested! Contact me today so that I can walk you through this lovely property!